Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas...

And I didn't get one but I did have a wonderful first Christmas as husband and wife. I got off work around 3 on Christmas eve and we headed down to Monticello for Chad's dads family Christmas. We had such a good time seeing everyone and spending time with everyone. Wouldn't you know that on a rainy Christmas eve that we would have to roll over something in the truck on the way back. Yep! We pulled over; Chad, Clay and Joey checked it out. We stopped and put air in the tire and went on our way...Then the windshield wipers started giving us trouble...Good Grief! After the eventful ride home we make it back to our house at midnight. We went to sleep and the kid in me set the alarm for 8:00 to open presents. Waking up next to my husband on Christmas morning was wonderful and new. I called my family to wish them a Merry Christmas and to send my love. I made Cinnamon Rolls (Chad's fav) and then we opened presents while, A Christmas Story played in the background. You cannot miss that movie on Christmas here in GA, they play it for 24 hours on TBS.

Drum Roll Please....

Chad told me what my gift was two days before Christmas. 1) He couldn't stand it, 2) He wanted to make sure it was what I wanted.

Chad set up a ski trip for us at Maggie Valley, North Carolina:) I couldn't believe my ears!! We are going to have our own little cabin for the weekend and be able to ski Saturday and Sunday!! We will be staying in Cabin Number 8 and we will ski HERE Jan 29-31 cannot get here soon enough!

I have a truly remarkable and amazing husband. He must have been reading my mind because that same day when I got home I had been looking at ski vacations due to the fact that I really wanted to go!! I am looking forward to us having time together. Thank you babe!

I received many wonderful gifts from my family (cute new jacket- Thanks sis, New suit- thanks mom and dad). I also got The Office Season 1 and The Office Board game!!! Whoo-hoo! If you do not like that show than you should. I got new red canisters for the kitchen, new steak knives, new sheets for the bed:) and new clothes:)

Christmas night we went to have dinner with Chad's moms side of the family which is always alot of fun getting to see everyone. The food is always amazing! Kudos to Aunt Brenda on the chicken noodle soup. I will be having that tonight for dinner:) I would love to have the recipe;)

Our tree was on it's last leg by Sunday so we spent Sunday afternoon taking the Christmas decorations down. I mean, Really? Where does time go? I need to correct my first statement. Chad and I started taking down the decorations together but then Clay sent him a text that he and Matt were both online for the XBOX. (Thanks Clay) So Chad haaadddd to stop so that he could race them online for a couple races. Well, what seemed like 20 races later he quit and by that point, Yes, everything was boxed up and off the tree. We carried it out the front door and took it to Home Depot in Peachtree City. If you are looking for somewhere, they are taking them.

This Christmas was very new/different for me. Not waking up in the home I grew up in was weird but I handled it very well I think. During the church service on Sunday they did things a little different. It was a Celebration of Life Service. Meaning Celebrating God's gift to us and Celebrating those who went home to be with the Lord this year. During the service they carried in this large wooden cross down the aisles and held it at the front during one of the songs. I would like to think if that doesn't hit you in the heart, something is wrong. I cried. It is that and so many other things during the Christmas season that reminds me of all my Savior has done for me. I have been blessed with a wonderful husband, a wonderful family, a wonderful-new family that I have married into, new sister and brother who I don't get to see as often as I would like, a beautiful new home, and good health. Most importantly I have been blessed with eternal life. I asked the Lord to come into my life years ago and he has never left my side. I would encourage you to reflect on all of the blessings in your life and if you haven't accepted Christ as your Savior to do so. It will change your life in ways you cannot imagine.

No comments: