Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Hostess- I can totally handle it or Can I?

I think it is safe to say that I comletely underestimated what being a hostess entails. Let me elaborate.


Chad and I (well I volunteered our house) for our Sunday School Christmas Party. What a crazy day leading up to the party!!

It is humorous now but at the time not so much. We were running around that morning trying to get plates, cups, napkins, etc. We ended up going to what seemed like 20 different stores. I was having a hard time finding a tree skirt that I liked. Can I just say that I think tree skirts are wayyy over priced. I couldn't believe some of the prices I was seeing. I have been looking for one for awhile! Needless to say we found one that will suffice until I find one I am in love with at Hobby Lobby.

When we arrived back at the house we did some quick cleaning and then the cooking began. I think the temperature is a little off in my oven. I started baking some cookies that I have made atleast 20 times before and they burnt (yucky smell). It was weird; they were at the right temp and they cook for 10 minutes at 8 minutes I could smell them and they were burned. Any ideas on how to check things out with my oven? Everything we cooked that day was a little on the well done side and I don't know why that happened. Rather frustrating!! I haven't really tested is since but I guess I will attempt to make the cookies again and go from there and see what happens...

I thought I was going crazy. I found by the end of the night the party was a success and we had a wonderful evening. My advice to you future hostesses out there: Timing is the Key. My mom tells me it gets easier with experience. When you are baking desserts and casseroles timing is everything.

We had a wonderful evening of opening presents, stealing presents from each other, and wonderful fellowship. I can only imagine how sad I will be when we begin our search for a new church home closer to our home.



Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!!

No comments: