Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Church Home

     Last Sunday was a sad Sunday for me. Chad and I have been doing a lot of talking and we decided it was time to find a church that is closer to us. We love First Baptist Church of Jonesboro but it was hard for us to be involved being 45 minutes away. Chad asked me about it awhile ago that he wanted to be more involved. If you know me you know that our church and Sunday School class are very important to us and this was not easy for us. I have attended FBCJ since I was 5 and telling our Sunday School our decision on Sunday of course brought me to tears. I know it is something that we need to do and I know God is telling me that it is time but it does not come without sadness. We love hearing sermons from Pastor Mel and being a part of such a wonderful Sunday School class. I keep reminding myself its not like I am not ever going to go back but it is going to be really strange for me this coming up Sunday. Every Sunday after church we go have lunch with my family and watch football, play the wii or just relax. We thoroughly enjoy this time with my family and will miss it greatly. This time will be made up:) I love spending time with my family and no one cooks like my mom:) There will be Sundays after we get out of church that we will go hang out with them and Sundays that we meet halfway for lunch. Everything is changing, good changing but changing.
     We are going to visit SonRise in Newnan. It is very close to the house and I started looking at their website since September. I was able to meet the pastor of the church on Monday. He led the devotion at Chick-fil-A. I heard nothing but good things from him and about him. They have more of a contemporary worship service which I think I will enjoy so much. They have a Recreation facility and offer Co-ed softball which is a great plus for Chad and I. I am looking forward to their style of Sunday School or their mid-week Bible Study. I did not make any New Year resolutions because I never keep them. Instead, I am hoping that God will lead us to the church he would like for us to be a part of. It will be an interesting journey but I know this is the right move for us. I will keep you posted on our journey to find a new church home.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Good Luck! I'm sure that had to be hard saying good-bye. We've been looking for a new church for awhile now, but I know we'll find the right one eventually (having a baby kinda slowed things down). Y'all will be in my prayers!

I know I haven't been able to comment much lately, but I have been keeping up with your blog. Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog. I've always thought you were so sweet and you have always been one of my favorite's of Aubry's friends.