Thursday, December 16, 2010

My first painting = SUCCESS!

So Monday was fantastic and so much fun! We had a Christmas Team Retreat planned by the wonderful Leslie and she planned a wonderful day! Starting with breakfast at J. Christophers...YUM! We then went to a class where we had to pick out a picture to paint and we started with a white canvas. I was a little nervous at first about the thought of that but it was sooo much fun! We had a lot of good laughs throughout the experience! The teachers allowed us to pick which colors we wanted so I went with yellow, red and orange. Inspired from my dishes and kitchen at the house. All of the pictures turned out fantastic and I was very pleased with mine. After we finished our pictures we finished the day off with lunch at Verde! Cheese dip was some of the best I have EVER had. If you know me or read my blog enough you know that I could basically live off of Mexican everyday. If I could hook an IV up to my arm and have salsa and cheese dip daily I would be one happy woman! We did our gift exchange and everyone got such wonderful gifts! Let's say these women know each other very well! My Secret Santa did fantastic! I got the new Rachael Ray Cookbook, Christmas Kitchen Towels, Shower Gels, Babe Ruth, Brownies, and a Baby ornament! I loved all of it! It was a fnatastic day and I love getting to know these ladies more and more each day! I am truly blessed!!






Chad wasted no time when I got home with my picture and it was hanging in the kitchen Monday night. I think he was shocked and didn't believe me at first :) He was proud of his woman! If you ever get the opportunity to take the Canvas class I would strongly encourage it! It was so much fun!

2 comments:

MOM Reichert said...

You did a beautiful job on the picture. It looks good in your kitchen. I talked to Chad and he seemed very proud of you. Love to you all.
MOM Reichert

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are so talented! That baby boy of yours in sure going to have a Momma who knows how to do everything well. God bless you!
Love, Valerie Seaton