Thursday, December 16, 2010

33 Weeks!


33 Weeks Courtesy of Baby Center:

This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

I cannot wrap my head around how quickly the weeks are flying by. Here we are so close to Christmas and 7 weeks away from meeting Landon. Serious butterflies of excitement in my tummy! We are working to get his room ready a little bit here and there. Work in progress so still no pictures yet ;) Soon! I am doing good the only thing I am having issues with are sleeping. I'm honestly only uncomfortable when I lay down at night. It's getting a little better since I started stretching before I get in the bed but looking forward to being able to sleep on my tummy again :) Chad has been super sweet the more uncomfortable I get. He keeps me laughing all the time and life is just amazing! I have my next appointment next week so I will have another update soon :) Have a great day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're almost there!!! Yay! I had to lay with a king sized pillow between my knees and proped under my tummy the last few weeks. Try that if you haven't already, hope you get some relief

Krysti Roberts said...

whatever you do don't lay on your back! It puts so much pressure on your back, and it hurts really bad!! Good luck girl I know you can't wait!

Mrs. A said...

I'M SO JEALOUS OF YOUR BELLY!!! I have baby fever bad!!! But, it's not the right time for us, so unless God wants us to be, we're not trying.

Congrats again!! Can't wait to see this little guy!!