Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Tree, New Stove and 32 Weeks!!

Whew! The holidays are flying by! Between work, Christmas parties and other festivities I am all over the place.
I'll start with a few pictures from our Marketing Department Christmas Party. We went to the Atlanta History Center and had a wonderful dinner followed by self guided tours. It was a very nice evening! We had such a fun group at our table for dinner!!

We got our Christmas tree up and decorated last week. I must say usually I am on the ball with Christmas decorating but with my lack of energy this year it was a much slower process...Last year we had icicle lights outlining our house and this go around Chad has been working every weekend for awhile now and it was just too much to try and get in. This is what our house looked like last year with the lights:

Our Christmas tree this year :)  I don't have a theme and I probably never will :) I like to use ornaments that have meaning and I am sure before too long our tree is going to be filled with ornaments made by a little boy named Landon!
Our new stove was delivered!!! Yipee!! The stove on our old one worked but the oven would heat up to all kinds of crazy temperatures and we were told by someone that came and looked at it...The computer on it was broke and for what we would pay him to fix that we should just get a new one.  Which is exaclty what we did...I have been without an oven since last Christmas :( I love baking so this has been a long year so I began making up for it with Lasagna and Chocolate Chip Cookies! Ahhh! Cookies straight from the oven - I may have over indulged but it was well worth it!
Now onto Pregnancy Stuff; I hit 32 weeks yesterday! :) Got a great report from the doctor which I never take for granted. It is a blessing to hear everytime I go. I am measuring perfect and Landon's heartbeat was 146 yesterday. He was showing out though. When she put the tool on my stomach to hear his heartbeat he started kicking it away, which made me laugh!  I am growing more and more curious with each week as to who Landon will look like! We now have his crib and chest put together so his room is coming together but we still have a ways to go :) Pictures soon to come once we have it finished! I have to admit, I don't have a picture this week :( I was looking pretty rough today. Forgive me - I will post one next week. But here is the 32 week report from Baby Center :

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.

1 comment:

MOM Reichert said...

Thanks for the blog. The Christmas tree is beautiful, and so is the stove. I'm so glad that you all were able to get the stove. Landon is getting plumped up for us to have more to love on. It won't be much longer. Much love to you all....
MOM Reichert