Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Weekend Forecast - BUSY!

      So I have a busy yet awesome weekend ahead!!! The fun begins bright and early on Saturday morning!! I am on a team for the Susan G. Komen run at Atlantic Station and I cannot wait. Well to be honest - I have really high arches on both feet making it painful to run for almost any period of time. I get really bad cramps anytime that I wear tennis shoes. Well, that has changed thank goodness!!! I called and spoke to someone at Phidippides in Atlanta since I knew I wouldn't be able to get up there before Saturday and they were so helpful. He recommended shoes to me based on what I was describing. After work yesterday. Chad and I went to Smith and Davis in Fayetteville because they have the machine you can stand on and it recognizes where you put pressure and she was pretty much like - yeah you need alot of arch support. With all of that said - I purchased the Asics Cumulus and so far they are fantastic! Chad and I went for a run last night and for the first time I didn't get cramps in my feet but something very weird happened. I wear the typical gear for running (shorts/T-shirt) and my legs while we were running were itching like CRAZY! I couldn't help but scratch!! I had red marks all over my legs. The only thing I can come up with is the fabric softener we use:( I love the smell of it but I don't want to deal with that...I'm going to wash them tonight minus the fabric softener and see what happens when I run again! Chad found it to be hilarious - I however did not. haha.
     On Sunday I will be spending the evening with my mom, Jenn, Honey and Aunt Cathy. We are heading to The Fox to see Mary Poppins (a favorite of mine) and words cannot describe my excitement about seeing it!!  I am looking forward to time with my favorite people :) Nothing is better on Mother's day than spending the day with my mom :) I will have a full report of the musical on Monday! :)


On another note: Keep Jeremy and Molly in your prayers as Jeremy leaves Friday for NAVY OCS training. He will be gone for three months in Rhode Island. Chad and I have you both in our prayers and we love you :)

3 comments:

claire @ a peachtree city life said...

smith and davis really is the best for shoes! good luck with the run!

Leisa Martin said...

What about all the fun we had last weekend:) 2 great movies, dinner, a trip to the doc in a box and a bedspread!! Can't beat it for a FUN time. Love ya, Mom

A Wedding Story said...

You work at Chick-Fil-A corporate? Awesome! My husband would prob. tell you that's my dream job! Haha, I go there all the time!