Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I did what???

Saturday morning was a great way to start off the weekend! We headed up to Atlantic Station at about 6:20 am and whoa was that an early Saturday. When we got there we met up with our team for some Team Pictures and then made our way to the start line. I was trying to prepare myself mentally for running the 5K. I had committed in my head to run the race no matter what. I told Chad that if he got first place then I would go to his go kart race that night. So he was determined to say the least. He and Daniel sprinted when the gun sounded. Nicole, Jenn and I paced ourselves. We ended up splitting up for various reasons. I need to say that I am not a runner by any means. Being surrounded by runners made me feel like one though. As I am coming up to the water table I am watching the pros as they throw the water in their mouths and keep going. So I followed their example and threw it my mouth but ended up with water all over my face and on my shirt while I think one drop landed in my mouth. After that; I saw Daniel near me and hollered at him and he and I ran the rest together. Once I saw the finish line I felt a sense of accomplishment and pride that I didn't give up. I finished in 33:05 and time didn't really matter to me I just wanted to run the entire thing and not quit. When I stopped running my legs felt like JELLO. Mission Accomplished!

We got back to the house and we all crashed. Nobody wanted to move but we had to. Chad and I headed over to his Dad's because it was time for a night of Go Karts. We made our way up to Dalton, GA for the evening. Bradley was able to bring Emily and I love getting to spend time with this little chick. She is a mess and I love every bit of her! Lindsey and I spent most of the evening laughing and cutting up with Emily while the boys worked on their karts. They made a huge improvement during the practice and qualifying but the main was not too good. Not sure what the missing piece is to this world of go kart racing but I hope they figure it out soon!
This is Emily and she is a bundle of energy with a very vivid imagination. I love her to pieces!

No comments: