Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day and Mary Poppins

I'd like to say that I am 100% sure that my mom had a wonderful Mother's day. I know I did and I am not even a mommy yet! It was a wonderful day spending time with Mom, Jenn, Honey (My grandmother) and Aunt Cathy. We had a late lunch at The Broadway Diner in Fayetteville and then made our way to The Fox for the anticipated Mary Poppins. Words could not describe my excitement about seeing this musical! The drive down was typical; Mom driving and everyone telling her how to drive ;) This is the norm for us... When we got there it was very clear that mom was pretty much over all of us telling her how to drive so we all decided to be quiet. She decided since the parking lot was pretty much empty that it would be a good time to back into a spot. We asked if she needed help and we were told infatically...No! Honey and Jenn went on while Cathy and I hung back. I'm so glad we did. We looked over and saw Mom backing into the spot with the door open and with her leaning out trying to see behind her...I couldn't help but laugh as she was swerving from right to left. We all had a good laugh. We did the whole tourist thing - Taking pictures in front of the Mary Poppins display. Didn't bother me that we were taking up majority of the sidewalk. Jenn and I went and checked out what they had for sale...Tempted much? To say the least. I could have bought everything. Snowglobe- $40, T-shirt -$25, Poster -$10, Chad's expression when I bring all of that home - Priceless. To save myself the headache I purchased nothing :( Maybe when I become CEO of a Company ;)
We found our seats which just so happened to be pretty darn good - If I do say so myself. (Pat on the back). Then it began and I was in awe! This hands down the best musical I have seen at The Fox. Granted I have only seen; Beauty and the Beast, White Christmas, and Jersey Boys which were all very good; Mary Poppins made me feel like a kid sitting there. Step in Time and Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious were by far the best of the night! Those two had me on the edge of my seat. If you have seen this than you understand and if you don't understand then you need to go see it!

This is a video I found on Youtube of one of my favorite songs from the musical!!

No comments: