Thursday, January 6, 2011

28 Days to go/36 Weeks!!!

Courtesy of Baby Center:
Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of his first bowel movement.

At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely He's in a head-down position. But if he isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying she'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position by manipulating him from the outside of your belly.

Hard to believe how close we are getting to meeting our son. Craziness! I had my check-up with the doctor on Tuesday and everything is going perfectly. I am measuring where I need to and his heart rate is where they want it. We will not have another ultrasound but she estimated using my weight gain and what I am measuring to put Landon in the 7lbs range :) I described a stomach pain/tightening to her that I had last week and she informed it was a contraction. She told me to just monitor them and once I hit 5-6 within an hour I know what I need to do!! So Surreal!!! I have converted to wearing my tennis shoes everyday to do swelling and needing more support for my feet and legs. My "Chicken Legs" as Chad calls them are struggling as Landon gets bigger. Tuesday night this week was by far the worst night so far. I was wide awake at 2:30am and just miserable. I moved to the couch and watched Law and Order til 5:30am...Fell asleep after Chad left for an hour and work up for work...Yuck! I know this is preparing me for what lies ahead but I could go without the indegestion, ha! I think it was excitement too. We washed the newborn clothes and blankets. We also put the car seat in the car along with my bag for the Hospital. I think this had a hand in my lack of sleep. I'm just getting so stinking excited to meet my little guy. Seeing his clothes needing to be put away in the clothes basket just gives me butterflies :)
I have my baby shower at work tomorrow and I am super excited about this!! Can't wait to celebrate with my friends at work!! I'll post pictures from the shower once I have them! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

**Please keep my friend Janna's Mom in your prayers. She was like another mom for me growing up and it hurts to see her going through everything she is. I won't go into all the details on here but I will post her Caring Bridge. Belinda is a fighter and an amazing woman. I have no doubt she is going to beat everything facing her right now but I believe in the power of prayer and I know she feels the love and prayer surrounding her.**

2 comments:

MOM Reichert said...

Reading your post today brings tears to my eyes. It is getting so close for us to be able to hold precious Landon. Reading the progress over the last seven months is nothing less than a miracle. We all have so much love to give Landon. He will be a spoiled little stinker.
MOM Reichert

*christen said...

I cry almost every time I read your blog. Can't wait to celebrate with you tomorrow and to meet Landon soon!