Thursday, January 13, 2011

21 Days to go/37 Weeks!!


Courtesy of Baby Center:
Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)


Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

This is has been one crazy week here in Atlanta! I have been stuck in the house since Friday of last week after my shower at work...I came down with a cold Thursday night and went home after my shower and didn't move from the recliner all weekend. If you know me - you know that my sinuses def get the best of me so I was pretty miserable! After taking what I was told I could by my doctor it wasn't getting better and I ended up with an upper respiratory infection and they had to call in a Z-pack for me. Which was fine and dandy but if you have watched the news you know that we got a ridiculous amount of ice in Atlanta this weekend. Thankfully Matt was able to get out of his driveway and came to get Chad to get my medicine at Kroger, the only pharmacy open! Chad finally was able to go to work today thankfully I was able to work from home while we were "iced in." I am at work today - still not 100% but I can tell the antibiotic is working!

Yesterday I had my 37 week check-up where we found out he is head down and we hope he stays that way! She is still putting him in the 7 lbs range and everything is going great! I was hoping and praying that I didn't go into labor earlier this week. That would have been a mess! The nursery is almost ready and I will be so relieved when we have everything put up and in it's place. We have washed his little clothes and tiny tiny socks...Everything is coming together and we are anxiously awaiting our little man's arrival :)





2 comments:

MOM Reichert said...

My phone is with me 24/7. I will be out the door, and at the hospital as soon as I can get there when I get that call. Our patience is running thin, but it will be more than worth it. We love you all.
MOM Reichert

Anonymous said...

Your blog is awesome. I am jealous.