Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Landon Thomas Reichert


Chad and I are proud to announce that we will be welcoming a beautiful baby boy to the world on February 3, 2011!! We are beyond thrilled and haven't stopped smiling since last night!! Pregnancy thus far has been such an amazing experience but yesterday made it so real.


My appointment was at 10:15 yesterday where I would experience my first ultrasound. I have been counting down the days till this appointment :) When I went into the room I explained to the ultrasound tech what we would be doing later on that evening (The Gender Cake with our families) and she was more than happy to help. Since I had already talked with Publix I had the number and name in hand ready to go. I watched all of the ultra sound except for the gender shot and when she measured the femurs. She turned the screen away from me when she did the gender shot and I was watching her face. I then asked, "Is it obvious?" To which she replied, "I can't tell you, but I will say this that your baby is spread eagle so I am very confident!!" I laughed at the the thought of that because me and Little bit had a talk that morning to make sure he/she understood how important this appointment was and it worked ;) So after the ultrasound she called the number I gave her and told the bakery what we were having but I asked to write it down and place it in an envelope as well just to be on the safe side :) I finished the rest of my appointment and we got a great report on our little one. She said our baby is developing beautifully which is all I needed to hear!! It took a great deal of discipline not to open that envelope all afternoon but I figured a few more hours wouldn't kill me. My stomach was in knots all afternoon!! I couldn't wait to get on the road and head to the restaurant and that time finally came!! Chad and I both had butterflies in our stomachs on the way there. We picked up the cake and when we go to LaParilla (the only place we ever eat) our families were there with balloons for both a little boy and a little girl with booties tied to both:) My patience was wearing off so YES, we cut the cake before dinner and everything!! I was totally confident the inside is going to pink at this point I was seeking the validation for the dreams I was having with a little girl. So we got all set up and Chad and I cut the cake. There was no hiding the smurf BLUE that appeared :) I was thrilled and shocked all at the same time. I was soooo convinced it was a little girl! Chad and I are beyond ecstatic and we just know we are going to have so much fun with our little boy!! We will be naming our little one Landon Thomas Reichert :) Love this name and I am so glad now I can say he and not other nicknames!! I was non-stop smiling at work today and thanks to Ms. Christen from work our little Landon received his first little outfit! It is precious and so cute with the little monkey on the front!! Thanks Christen!! Today was so special at work because I can now announce the gender and the name!! Below you will find the video from the cake cutting and pictures of our little Landon from his appointment!!

 




This was such an important night for Chad and I with our families! I will remember last night for the rest of my life for many reasons!! Our parents are beyond excited and I am sure Landon was all they thought about today!! I know I did!

4 comments:

*christen said...

Oh my goodness! This is just so exciting! Thank you for sharing this with everyone. You are going to be such a great mommy to little Landon!

MOM Reichert said...

Landon Thomas Reichert. It is so great to be able to say that. It was a very special time last night being all together to find out what Chad and Laura were having. A precious baby boy. Everyone was so excited. May God continue to bless Chad, Laura, and baby Landon.
MOM Reichert

claire @ a peachtree city life said...

awww that's so fun!! i love that idea :) congrats again!!

Amber said...

I love the name!!! I know how you feel talking about finally being able to call him by his name. I felt the same way about Olivia. I was so tired of calling her "it." Congrats again!!!! So excited for you two!!! : )

Oh and the video was great! : )