Thursday, September 2, 2010

Drum Roll Please...We have a Bellpepper!



Courtesy of Baby Center: 18 weeks!!!!

Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he/she weighs almost 7 ounces. He/She's busy flexing his/her arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His/Her blood vessels are visible through his/her thin skin, and his/her ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his/her head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his/her nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he/she's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

I have two very exciting things to share!!! First, we will be finding out what we are having in 12 days!!! AHHH!!! I'm so excited!!!  September 14th is the date and we will find out that morning but we are taking a nonconventional way to tell our families - We are going to do a gender cake. We will ask the doctor to right down the gender of the baby and place it in an envelope - We will then take it to a bakery and ask them to make a cake and make the inside of the cake either pink or blue depending on what is in the envelope :) So basically we will be finding out at the same time as our families which I love! My mom's birthday is on the 13th so this will be a great present for her! We are going to meet at La Parilla and have dinner and find out the good news!!!  (if you like please make your predictions on my blog and I have a poll at work going and I will mark your vote for you) :) I love hearing all of the guesses!
On another note - Im pretty confident that I either skipped the flutter experience all together or didn't know I was having them because starting last Thursday Little Bit has been poking me :) I felt it Thursday, Saturday and again yesterday at work. I love it when it happens especially when it happens 3 times like on Thursday :) I just sit there and smile - such an amazing feeling.

*On another note I ask all of you to continue to keep Joey, Chad's father in your prayers. He was in a motorcycle accident Tuesday afternoon. He has 7 fractured ribs and the top bone in his sternum is fractured and he has a chest tube in. He is still in ICU as of this morning but is completely alert, talking and standing when he needs to. He is just in a lot of pain so please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.*

Next time you hear from me it will be to announce the gender of our baby!! :) Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend and you have no idea how ready I am for some College Football!!! GOOOO DAWGS!!!!! You can always watch the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game as well!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

GIRL, PLEASE

Anonymous said...

I was just talking about Lil' Bit this morning, and how I am counting down the days to find out what we are having. When I read your blog, it gave me chill bumps. I think I am more excited about Lil' Bit then when I was pregnant with my own babies. It's the most precious thing that can happen in your life.
MOM Reichert
Thanks for asking prayer for Joey. I am praying for him as well.

Mel said...

I love the way you're finding out the sex of the baby! That is SO cool! Can't wait to hear.

Will keep Joey in my prayers, too.

bourquelee said...

I'm thinking it's a boy! And I just love the gender cake idea. Who came up with that idea?

Anonymous said...

I'm going to say a "BOY!" But you saw how my guess was wrong about our little one. Love you!!!

Amber said...

Sorry to hear about Chad's dad. He'll be in my prayers.

I can't wait to hear what y'all are having. It's so exciting. I think it's a boy because for some reason I can see y'all with a bunch of little boys running around. But I'm not good with predicting, because I was convinced Olivia was a boy too!

Oh, and yes you can hang up the picture of my baby! : )

Meganash85 said...

Very exciting, Laura!
I think you are having a girl!!!
-Megan

Unknown said...

I'm going to say boy based on this picture of you it looks like the baby is low instead of high in your stomach so boy that is my final answer. Chad's Dad is in my prayers. Love Ya!

Amanda Greene said...

Laura, a girl I work with did the gender cake and it was awesome! I told Jeff that's how we would do it too.... ! Sooo exciting!! Can't wait too see what you are having! So before I make my prediction are you carrying high or low? What's the heart rate been reading? And any other details?? :)

Laura said...

Carrying low and the heart rate was 150 at my last appointment :)