Monday, July 12, 2010

February 3 is going to be a Special Day!

In my previous post I explained some reasons as to why I have been slacking with maintaining my blog. Yes, work is keeping me busy. Yes, life has been busy. There is one reason I have been waiting to share. The first two reasons are pretty good and decent reasons for my laziness but this next reason is the icing on the cake. I'm sure as you are reading this you have probably figured out what I am about to share.

On May 30, Chad and I found out that we are going to have a baby!! 

Words cannot describe our excitement that night when we found out. We cried, laughed, jumped and down, we hugged and we smiled non-stop for the rest of the evening. We decided in January that we were ready to start a family so it didn't exactly take long :) We are so excited for this next chapter in our lives!! We will have our first sonogram on July 26'th. I'm sure there will be smiles and tears of joy. Each Thursday is a new week for me - Right now I am 10 weeks but not too far from 11 weeks! This puts my due date at
February 3, 2011.  Some of you may be curious as to how my first trimester is going...I have actually lost 7 pounds due to food not cooperating (I'm sure you know what I mean) and nothing and I mean NOTHING but bagels tastes good. Bring on the bagels I guess! And WOW am I tired. All of the time I am tired. I am recquiring a lot of sleep and when I don't get it -Watch out! I am not showing yet but I don't think it will be too much longer :) We are excited for our parents to become grandparents and believe me they are beyond thrilled!

Update on a church home: We have tried different churches in our area but after our search we have decided to go back to our church home at First Baptist of Jonesboro. We feel like this is where God wants us to be right now. With our recent news we know that a lot is going to be changing and it's a crucial time in our lives for our spiritual walk. First Baptist of Jonesboro is our family and we want to share this time and grow together with them.

We ask for your thoughts and prayers during these next 6 and a half months. I will be updating more regularly now - I just had to get through the beginning :)


WAHOO!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

claire @ a peachtree city life said...

congrats!!!! i had a suspicion that was the case. best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy, and hope you will keep us updated!

Alicia said...

Awww...Laura I am so excited for you guys!!! That was my due date with Liam this year...of course he came super early on January 11th, but Feb 3rd will always be a special day to me...and double special now with it being your baby's due date too!!! Congrats again!
We love you guys! *Alicia*Robby*Lucas*Liam

Mel said...

I am so excited for you and Chad! What a tremendous blessing! And I'm so glad y'all will be back at FBCJ. We need you! Love, Mel

Crystal said...

I am so happy for you guys! Being a mommy is the most amazing thing ever. Ava is my best friend in the whole world and I wouldnt trade her for anything! It is something you just cant imagine until you experience it! Congrats again! love you!!

Mom said...

You already know that I am thrilled beyond words. I have been wanting this for sooo long. I love you, dad, and "little bit" sooo much. I'll be here for you, Chad, and little bit in whatever I can do to help. Love you all bunches!
MOM Reichert

Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bourquelee said...

Now we don't have to give you that stealth "I-know-what's-going-on smile" anymore!

Valerie Seaton said...

Wow...exciting news! You are so special, and we're so happy for you:) So thrilled you are back at FBCJ. Blessings and Contgrats!

Mollyanne said...

Congratulations Laura! If you're like I was, you've probably heard this a lot already, but one day soon you will just wake up and feel so much better - at least I hope so, I know it's awful to be sick all the time! Congrats and I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly!

Nate and Erin said...

Congrats!!!! Babies are just fabulous!