Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I may be a slacker but atleast I have an excuse!

First and foremost I must apologize for the delay in my entries. A lot has changed and happened in the past month and I have been adjusting to my new position at Chick-fil-A. Now onto the good stuff:

I must do a small rant about one of my favorite tv shows that has let me down this season. If you have read in the past you know that I love writing about The Bachelor/Bachelorette and it has not happened yet for this season. I have found myself not as engaged in it at all this go around. I still watch but I'm just not as into it. I love Ali but I have had a revelation. Brace yourself. This show is about Ratings and Publicity. Shocker! I know but tis true. These producers are finding more and more morons to put on this show. Do I still watch? Well, of course but I guess you could say before where I would not dare miss an episode - I'm okay if I miss one now...But enough about that...

On Saturday evening we celebrated my beautiful sister's birthday with the family. We played a little water volleyball but the real competiton of the evening came down to the Wii. Jenn now has 4 controllers which makes it that much more fun. There were 4 of us playing tennis in the living room, wakeboarding in the living room (from what I hear I look pretty funny doing this one), sword fighting and canoeing. Tennis was not that exahusting nor was the wakeboarding. However, my family is slightly competitve (hence the exaggeration) and sword fighting was insane. I think we took it to a whole new level. Let's just say the controllers were getting disconnected. Then came Canoeing. Dad and I took on Chad and Daniel and I promise I felt like I was in a stinking canoe paddling my little heart out. Dad and I were chanting whether or not to go on the left or the right. It was exhausting! Such a good night until I woke up Sunday morning for church and could not move my arms nor the rest of my body. I kid you not I felt as though I had been given flu shots in both arms and my back thown up against a wall at 90 mph. Good workout? You could say that.

Last night my mom and I set out on an endeavor that I am paying for greatly today. It is now secret that I loved the Twilight Saga books so it is only fitting that I go see the movies as well. I have seen the first two at midnight so why not the third? So last night mom and I hung in there yet again for the midnight showing of Eclipse. I thoroughly enjoyed this time with my mom. It is time that I do not get as often anymore so I treasure my time with her that much more when I do get it. Mom was however cracking me up. We arrived at 9:30 to get in line because you have to be able to get a good seat. I did not pay for these tickets to sit on the very front row. As we were standing there, Mom is telling me, do you see how young these girls are? You are 25, Smiling the whole time. I just reminded her of how much she loves me. :) As far as the movie goes; It was the better of the three but I still prefer the books over the movies. The movies continually get better and Taylor Lautner's abs don't exactly hurt the movie but I am still an Edward fan. I just keep going back to how captivating the books were. Last night was also worth while because I was able to see the new Harry Potter Trailer and let's just say I am super pumped!

As far as the holiday weekend is concerned- Chad and I will be heading down to Panama City Beach, Florida on Friday and come back Wednesday with my family! It is a much needed vacation and we are both looking forward to it. We are looking forward to doing.....absolutely....NOTHING!

I hope that everyone has a wonderful 4'th of July weekend!! Be safe and have fun!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Admit it, you don't like this season of the Bachelorette as much because I can't ever watch it with you on Monday nights! ;) (I'm still waiting on a response to my email by the way!! lol)

I keep hearing Eclipse is the best one so far. I wasn't really excited about seeing it, but was going to anyway since I saw the first too. However, thanks to everyone's rave reviews, I'm getting excited and will be seeing it Friday afternoon!

I'm jealous y'all are going to PCB. I need a beach trip so bad! Has the oil not hit there yet? Y'all have fun!! Can we have another lunch date when you get back please?? :)

Courtney K. said...

Sounds like you are keeping busy! I get to go visit family in LA starting tomorrow and into next Monday...yay! Then off to Basic for two months...boo! Lol...I am excited, though! I am excited about some Harry Potter, too! It's on like Donkey Kong when it comes out! :) Take care my dear!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for NOT taking any pictures last night, I am just toooo old, Love ya, Mom

Laura said...

Anna, Yes you are the real reason that I do not enjoy it as much! :)
You will like Eclipse - They are getting better! No oil at PCB yet. Atleast not a lot according to my aunt:)

Courtney! I miss you girl! Hope you have a good trip! What are you heading to basic for???

Mom you are oh so welcome - I didn't feel either of us were alert enough for pictures last night. I def don't want a pic of what I look like today either! haha!

Mel said...

We've been down here in PC since Sunday evening and it has rained every single day. A bunch! Good news for you, though. It looks like it will start clearing up on Sunday.