Thursday, July 22, 2010

12 weeks with Little Bit :)



Courtesy of Baby Center:
The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.


Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.

When I read these weekly updates I sit in awe of how great our God is. Chad has been putting up with me complaining here lately and yesterday it hit me.  Yes, the first trimester has been challenging but it could be worse, much worse. Instead of complaining I am going to try something new.  Every time I catch myself about to complain I am going to stop myself and mentally thank God for the privilege of being able to get pregnant and experience this miracle for nine months.  It hit me that there are women who have difficulties getting pregnant or for that matter getting pregnant at all who would gladly take what I am dealing with so that they could have a baby. 

Thank you God for allowing Chad and I to have a baby and experience all that we are.

9 comments:

Amber said...

Your so cute! And I don't see any baby bump yet! Your going to be such a cute little pregnant lady! I like that new attitude! I was bad about complaining, but now (especially after reading others blogs) I realize just how blessed I am to have a great pregnancy and a healthy baby girl. I want to keep that attitude when I have my next one! : )

Samantha said...

Awww....I see a little baby bump starting there! You are gonna be so cute!! I'm so excited for yall!!!

Leisa Martin said...

I can't wait! I am so glad I can legally talk about the baby now!

MOM Reichert said...

I am so very excited!!! I see that "little bit" bump. Little mama, you will be waddling around before you know it. I love you all very much.
MOM - Reichert

Samantha Marie Brooks said...

When I worked for Precious Memories Portraits I did progressive maternity sessions... it was really neat!! She's in one of my business networking groups if you want me to get you her card! You're such a cutie!

Valerie said...

Oh...just loving it! Just think in about 8 more weeks you'll get to see baby's portrait. The best feeling ever is when you're laying there with that cold jelly across your belly and you're stairing at the monitor trying to figure out which parts are which parts. Enjoy every moment of the journey! God bless you, Chad and baby ?

Alicia said...

How exciting!! =) I LOVE how your due date is the same as mine was with Liam. It is taking me back to this very day last year...the first time I got to see him on an ultrasound. Being pregnant really is one of the few magical miracles. Enjoy it...and complaining a little IS allowed!! (Remember that in like...20 weeks!) Love you girl!!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you! We've been trying for about 3 months now and have had no results... so keep you fingers crossed for me! (: Enjoy these next few months - I hear they fly by so fast!

Crystal said...

How cute. I see a tiny bump!! Congrats again!