Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Direct TV and your "so called" Customer Service

Dear Direct TV,


Since my husband and I have had your service for the past year and a half I have come to the conclusion that your customer service is severely lacking. Please explain to me why I have to pay you to come out when I have never even touched the satellite dish and all of a sudden we are getting a total of 15 channels and I have to pay you to come out and look at it? Doesn't make much sense huh? The technician who set up our dish initially left cables hanging in the basement, did a pitiful job pouring the concrete for the pole for the dish and could not program the remote with our TV. Really? What do you train them to do? I'm confused. We want nothing more than to cancel our contract but that is not option because of your ridiculous fees. Up until 4 months ago everything was working fine but now I cannot watch The Office and I am not a happy camper. And as for your customer service telephone number - I have never been more aggravated getting off the phone. Telemarketers get on my nerves less than your employees. I explain to you that our backyard is covered in trees and that I don't think the position of the satellite is effective. When the trees blow we lose signal. It's just that ridiculous. I have a feeling that if a leaf falls or a bird goes to the restroom we probably lose signal then too. For you to have the audacity to ask if I can remove some trees excuse me while I bust out laughing. These are tall pine trees idiot! Granted your fees are high we would come out cheaper paying you to cancel than paying a company to come out and remove the trees. You do the math. Seriously??? So thank you for sending out another technician yesterday who informed us we did not have a signal where it has been. We are so appreciative to you for explaining this to us. We were utterly confused as to why we were only getting 15 channels. I'm so glad he cleared that up for us. He wanted to put it on the roof but explained he could not guarantee that it would make it any better. So let me get this straight - You want to climb on my roof, nail a satellite dish to my roof and in turn voiding the warranty on my brand new roof without a guaranteed signal? No thank you. But he was able to find one little spot in the trees on the corner of the house so I now have not one but 2 areas of poured concrete in my yard. Thank you oh so much for that. Believe me when I say that I am counting down the days till April when we can cancel your awful service.



Sincerely,

Your unappreciated customer,

Laura

4 comments:

bourquelee said...

Fire it off to them, girl! They need to know. Not that it will make any difference but you should feel a little better.

DMH said...

Dish isn't any better as far as customer service, but they do have different satellite positions. One in the southern sky and one in the eastern sky at a higher angle to clear trees.

Mel said...

You go, girl!!! Love it!

Unknown said...

I use to want to get Direct TV because Comcast is more expensive for less channels, but my mom told me (since her job dealt with consumer complaints) that Direct TV and AT&T Uverse are getting the most complaints about exactly what you are complaining about and because they quote the wrong prices, so at least you know you're not alone :( I love Comcast though and have never had a problem with them. It's like I previously said though, less channels, higher price. Guess it all boils down to what's more important to you.