Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Does 25 feel different?

Yes and no. One of the biggest things recently that I have noticed is I can no longer eat everything I want. If you know me- you understand this is devastating...I love food and I love to eat. Having a more "stay put" job is different for me. My calorie intake is more than I am burning. I don't want to count calories; I want to eat what I want - when I want. I like to snack and I love any and all things related to mexican food. When I go to La Parilla it would be much easier on them if they would just hook me up to a Hot Sauce IV and let it flow through my arm. No, I am not exaggerating. It would save them a trip to my table every five minutes. Never fails when I go with my family; we go ahead and ask them for a big bowl of hot sauce to save them the non-stop question of, "More chips and salsa?" This is how my family rolls and I will not apologize ;) All of that to say; those days are no more. I'm learning boundaries/portions in the food world and so far I am not a fan.


I'm feeling more and more like Chad and I are more of a family. I guess I thought we wouldn't feel like a family until we had kids but that has not been the case. In my mind, I guess I thought it would be like we were just husband and wife. I didn't expect to feel the family bond. It hit me Sunday when were at church and I was sitting there next to him and I started to feel the tug from God to join. We love the church, the pastor and the people and it feels right. I think this step in joining a new church has made me feel the family bond between Chad and I. We are growing together and making decisions together and I am enjoying every minute of it. I truly believe that our love grows deeper every day. Do not misunderstand me by thinking that I think we have it all together because we don't but I think healthy discussions and making decisions together is bringing us together and molding us into a family.

The older I am getting the more I appreciate my time with my family. I lived at home for 24 years of my life and I took for granted a lot of things in the months before getting married. I wish I wouldn't have stayed in my room at times to watch my shows. I wish I would have gone to Jennifer's room more to talk about life. I wish I would have played Michigan Rummy and Canasta more with mom. I wish I would have spent more time at home on the weekends. I wish I wouldn't have complained about things at dinner. I wish I would have cherished that time with them more than I did. Now that I don't get to see them whenever I want it makes me cherish the time I do spend with them even more.

I have noticed that I don't like the same style of clothes that I used to. I am a shorts and T-shirts type of girl. But I am uncomfortable in the shorts I used to wear. (They are a little short). I am not going granny style!! I just need to get some that are more for my age ;) I would live in flip flops if I could. I used to wear very clingy clothes that did not leave much room for air. Why you ask? I have no idea, I look back and realize now, how incredibly uncomfortable I was. I now prefer loose tops that are not as fitted. I like air flow and the ability to breathe. It makes life much easier.

Over the past year I have found myself listening to more jazz and Big Band styles of music. I have always kind of liked them but now I find myself listening to it more and more. We have Direct TV and I find myself putting it on 40's on 4 more and more. I like the style and it's relaxing and you can understand what they are saying. Now if I could just find a radio station for my car that plays Frank Sinatra, Michael Buble, Ella Fitzgerald and that style of music I will be set. I still enjoy some of the new music coming out - I will stay loyal to The Bert Show!! Some of the music coming out now I just don't get, Is it Owl City or something like that? Fireflies, I think. I hear that song and immediately change the station. The song makes no sense to me!! Now you can give me some Colbie Caillat and I am set! Both of her CD's are always in my car.

All of that say these are just a few things I have noticed that are changing and/or have changed. Good and Bad but I will take them as they come. I knew they were coming and I should have listened to others who told me. There should have been more warning signs along the way.



But I do have a feeling that I will be watching The Bachelor/Bachelorette till I am 100 years old ;) Nothing will change that unless, Heaven forbid, they cancel it!!

No comments: