Sunday, January 24, 2010

Spending time with my love

This morning has been wonderful. Chad and I got in late last night from Blake's (Friend) birthday at Dave and Busters and decided to sleep in this morning. We slept and woke up and decided to fix french toast and turkey bacon. We made it together:) I guess I never realized how simple it was. 4 eggs, 1 cup milk, 1 tsp of salt and sugar. Cooked it on the griddle and added cinnamon afterwards. Yum! While eating I forced Chad and Clay to watch the original 90210 on Soap network. I love it and you know deep down you do to so don't judge. It's on Saturday and Sunday mornings. They laughed of course but they endured. Which reminds me yesterday I watched Lifetime for the first time in awhile. I was watching a movie about a girl who had a baby when she was 16 and they moved to another location to get away from everything. The girl's mom pretended it was hers. While this was going on the school that she moved to their were two teachers there that were having a really hard time getting pregnant. She became very close to the teachers and decided to have an open adoption so they could have a child. Of course I was sitting on the couch just crying when she gave the baby to them and what do you think Chad was doing??? Laughing hysterically at me. I hate watching things with him. Comedies I don't mind but movies like that...no thanks. I don't even attempt to watch Extreme Home Makeover with him because I am pretty sure I cry during every episode. Happy tears of course....
This Friday we leave to go skiing and we are so excited! Borrowed all of the gear we need and we are set! Bring it on North Carolina! Hopefully it will be cold this week. Judging by how it feels right now those chances are pretty good!
I get to see Johnny and Angelica this week (Cousin and Cousin-in-law) and hold their baby for the first time! Cannot wait to see them and hold Baby Boston:)

On the menu for today: Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup (Family Favorite)
1 and 1/2 lb- stew meat
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
1 6 oz can tomato paste
1 can of Okra, tomatoes and corn
1 16 oz package frozen veggie soup mix
2 potatoes cubed
salt and pepper to taste

Trim the meat, place meat in pot (6 quart), cover with water I usually fill about half with water in my big pot. Cook until tender. Add all other ingredients in no particular order and cover. Cook 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours. I do some jiffy cornbread along with it:)
This is really really good:) Enjoy!

No comments: