Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Thoughts

  • I really wish that my local radio stations would realize that there are more singers than Lady Gaga. I'm pretty sure I'm to the point where I would rather listen to Ice Ice baby on repeat all day long than hear her songs again. Nothing against her or her songs - Just tired of hearing them.
  • I have come to the harsh reality that one of my favorite shows is not that of a reality show. What show you ask? The Bachelor/Bachelorette. You may call me dumb that yes, I used to believe it was real. This terrible season has caused me to learn that it is fake. Sad sad day in the Reichert home.
  • My list of books to read is just getting longer with my lack of time to actually read. 
  • I've always known this but I am seeing it more and more. Life is never a given. I know the Lord has his reasons but sometimes the shock value of things that happen - literately floor me. We recently lost our young sweet neighborhood with three kids to a terrible car accident. I didn't believe the news when I was told. Why do we put things off and say we'll do something later? I'll make that trip soon, we say. But do we ever really follow through. Life cannot be taken for granted. The events from the past month have caused me to do a harsh reality check on not worrying about my to-do list but about spending time and making memories with those I love.
  • Landon will be five months on Thursday - yes Thursday. Time can fly by right before your eyes. Treasure the moments, even the rough ones - where they appear to be screaming for no reason. 
  • I take great pleasure in being able to calm Landon down. I feel like such a mommy when this happens. I honestly want to stand up, put my hands in the air and wait for an applause.
  • The world is a scary place. More and more everyday. Can I keep Landon in our home forever?
  • I'm thankful for my wonderfully, hilarious husband. He can always put a smile on my face - even when I don't want one there. Laughter is truly the greatest medicine to the end of a rough day.
  • When you AC in your car doesn't work and you live in Georgia - it can cause you to be slightly cranky.
  • I love my job - it is one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me. I am surrounded by amazing people of whom I think the world of.
  • I have a love/hate relationship with Pinterest. I love it but it causes me to slip away from reality and lose all sense of time.
  • The Marketing Department at work was asked to fill out a questionnaire. For what purpose, I have no idea but I was asked my favorite tv show growing up - Toss up between Saved by the Bell and Little House on the Prairie. First CD you ever owned - Debbie Gibson - Electric Youth!! Dinner with anyone - Dead or Alive, if you know me, you know I put Audrey Hepburn. Favorite quote, “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”-Audrey Hepburn
I know that was complete randomness with no rhyme or reason but it's just all the things on my mind today.



                        

3 comments:

Mrs. A said...

The Bachelor/Bachelorette is a fake reality show??

I love the rest of this post. You're so right about doing things with the one's you love right now. That's why life is so difficult for me right now, because the one person I want to enjoy my life with is in Afghanistan fighting this war. It's sad this war has stolen time away from the people we love. I struggle with this everyday, and I have a constant fear of not being able to spend my life with him.

Mandy Brown said...

I"m still laughing at the part about putting your hands in the air to wait for your applause! It is a great feeling though :)

Laura said...

Ashley- You are too sweet. I cannot imagine what you go through on a day to day basis. I truly believe that God is right there next to you everyday - whether you are sitting on the couch or whatever you are doing he is there; holding your hand. Try to keep your Faith. I believe it is really all we have in this crazy world we live in.

Mandy- I'm glad I could provide you with a laugh! It is so true though. Usually, I don't get the applause and I'm usually by myself - Oh well. Self praise every now and then never hurts ;)