Thursday, October 28, 2010

26 Weeks and an English Hothouse Cucumber

I reached 26 weeks today and I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that I will be in my third trimester in two weeks. Craziness but exciting at the same time! I'm feeling good but totally feeling the growing pains in my belly now. I have my first shower this weekend and I am totally looking forward to it! Here is my baby bump picture:

Courtesy of Baby Center:
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

*Now if you are like me - I know what a cucumber is but not an english hothouse cucumber so I had to look it up - haha!*


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The baby bump just makes you look more beautiful. Love you, Chad, and Landon.
MOM Reichert