Friday, April 23, 2010

Blogging Rut

I guess you could say I have somewhat had a blogging rut. Not that things are not happening and Life isn't good just nothing I felt the need to write about. Chad and I have made the decision to buy a King size bedroom set. We currently have one bed in the house and guess what??? We sleep in it so our poor friends/family either sleep on the air mattress or the couch. We have picked one out from Rooms to Go along with, hands down, the best mattress I have ever laid on. We went and looked on Wednesday night and had a ball doing so. We were not afraid to lay on the mattresses and get comfy and try to see how they all felt. It's not exactly a small purchase and holy cow furniture in general is expensive. I kept hearing my mom in my head saying - you get what you pay for. My parents have had the same bedroom set since they got married and it is gorgeous. It's an investment and that's the way we are looking at it. I was going to share the link with everyone but I would rather take pictures once we get it in the house :)

Chad and I celebrated our one year anniversary on Monday!! Can you believe it - ONE YEAR??? Seems like yesterday we were dancing our tails off at Alvaton!! We had a low-key anniversary but it was wonderful! Instead of Chad buying me flowers I asked him if we could get flowers for the yard. So went to Lowe's to start that process. We bought a hanging basket to subside because I wasn't sure what layout I wanted to do in the yard. Well as soon as we purchased the basket - I read the tag and it said minimal sun light. Ugh! That's not going to work with where I have the hook so we walked right back in to the return counter and returned it. Talk about feeling dumb. We went to Olive Garden for dinner and that was nice.  When we got home we ate some of the top of our wedding cake. It wasn't bad but it wasn't good either...
It was actually supposed to be strawberry so imagine my surprise after waiting a whole year to find out it was regular cake...so blah! We spend a lot of the evening laughing together and being silly. It was a wonderful evening and I love how we make each other laugh all the time. I catch myself smiling throughout the day and laughing about things that happen when we are at the house :)

I am really looking forward to May :) Lots of good things happening! I will be attempting to run the Susan G. Komen 5K at Atlantic Station. We have a good size team and we have raised a lot of money for the cure. Then on Mothers Day; Me, Mom, Jenn, Aunt Cathy and Honey (My Grandmother) are going to see Mary Poppins at The Fox. Laugh if you wish - but this is one of my favorite movies to this day and I am so excited about seeing this. In addition to these- tis the season for Graduations :) My girlfriend Aubry will be graduating from College and heading out into the world to teach!! I am so happy for her and I know at times it felt like there was no end in sight but she will be crossing the finish line!! My sis-in-law, Cassie will be graduating from High School and heading down to Valdosta to earn her College degree. I remember the feelings I had when I graduated from high school. It was amazing!! I hope it does not rain so that Chad and I are able to attend!! She has so much ahead of her and we are both so excited for her!!

Nothing too exciting going on this weekend but we were finally able to set up something with Lauren and Cody!! We will finally be going out to dinner!! Thankfully our schedules aligned!! It's supposed to be raining here all weekend so I may be spending the weekend in the house since Chad may be working on Saturday! I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

P.S. I tried to make homemade biscuits last night and the dough was not cooperating. I was getting so frustrated that I almost cried. Is that bad?

3 comments:

Jonathan H said...

My brother finishes next month and heads to Valdosta State in the fall as well!

Anonymous said...

Happy "belated" Anniversary to you and Chad. "There's no crying in" cooking:). Miss you guys!
Hal

MIchelle said...

Happy Anniversary! Mary Poppins sounds like lots of fun. I would love go... ya'll will have fun. I hope to introduce Claire to the movie soon. Right now she calls it "Mary and the Poppins". I think it's cute. :)

Michelle
(Chad's cousin)