Thursday, September 3, 2009

Whew! What a week...

My apologies for not posting in awhile. It's been pretty busy. There hasn't been a whole lot going on. Last weekend we basically spent the whole weekend with my family which was wonderful!! I love getting to spend time with them:) This weekend we are heading down to Valdosta!! Why you ask? Family reunion for Chad's dad's side of the family. I have been every year but this will be the first one as Chad's wife:) I'm really looking forward to it. It's non-stop outdoor games and activities. Everything from Volleyball, wiffle ball, bocce' and the list continues. We have a really good time. I am sure that on Saturday we will take a break from the outdoors to watch UGA beat some Oklahoma Bootay! I have always enjoyed college football and def looking forward to it starting up this weekend. This will be the first football season living with my husband who is shall I say...OBSESSED!! I have certain teams that I love to watch play but Chad will watch whatever game is on just to watch.
Hopefully, we won't be playing too much, Battle for the Remote;)
As far as the kitchen goes, last week I had a really good success and one mess. The chicken and rice in the crockpot was on the dry side. I followed the recipe exactly but it was just dry. Chad had to go back to work so I was thrilled to have dinner ready for him when he got home. He had to be at work at 6:00 and I got off at 5:30. I expected to get some sort of text or anything telling me, "Great dinner babe!" or "Thanks for having dinner ready!" By the time I got off I heard nothing. So I called and he was heading back up to work and still nothing. Finally, I said, "Was dinner that bad?" He started laughing and followed with, "it was pretty rough babe." He just said it was really dry. Note to self: Scratch that recipe. He said it in love and he knows I am experimenting and trying new things...He's my guinea pig ;)
My success I will post tonight when I get home:) Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend and GOOOO DAWGS!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haven't commented in a while so I thought I would now by saying GO OK STATE! :)