Monday, September 28, 2009

Two Weekends Ago and jalopenos

We had such a wonderful weekend!! Friday night we went to dinner with Chad's mom and his brother. We went to Southern Pit which is a favorite of ours. So much so they catered our Rehearsal dinner:) I was really looking forward to sleeping in on Saturday morning but I was wide awake at 8:30!! I got up and I had some of my mint green tea that I love in the morning and starting decorating for Fall/Halloween:) I was really excited to get started and kept trying to put it off so that I wasn't one of "those" people. You know what I am talking about. I gave in...

It's not all finished. There are some things I would like to buy for the mantle but I can't find them. I tend to get ideas or decorations in my head but really they don't exist. However, I will keep looking:) Then Chad and I cleaned and did an outstanding job!

Samantha came over after work and we ran to Walmart so that we could get what we needed for our dips that evening. Samantha was making Spinach-Artichoke dip. I made homemade guacamole and pizza dip. The pizza dip is compliments of Brigid and might I say a big hit:) Jennifer, my sister, and her boyfriend Daniel were coming over to watch the game as well. She made pigs in a blanket. We had so much food and it was "Oh, So good!" We got back from Walmart and we watched our wedding video. Our wedding video is 2 hours and 45 mins long so there was def some fast forwarding. Then we made our dips....

I have never cut an avocado before...What an experience...My finger was a little cut up but the worst was cutting the jalopeno. In my mind, I kept thinking put some gloves on but I didnt have any so I didn't. I was going to be really careful. After I sliced it and the guacamole was finished I felt something burning under my nose. OI googled how to get rid of jalopeno. After trying to wash under my nose and pour lemon juice under it. The end result was aloe. Which took it away thank goodness! But it wasn't over...under my fingernail started burning. Burning bad. I couldn't get it out. I tried everything from cutting my nail, fingernail brush, baking soad and water paste, and alcohol. End result=hydrogen peroxide. I guess it brought the oils out from my skin. I was in agony but thank God for hydrogen peroxide!!

No comments: