Thursday, August 18, 2011

6 Months?!?!?!


Dear Landon,
I have lost all concept of time when it comes to how quickly you are growing right before my eyes. Every single day you do something new and something about you changes. You actually turned 6 months on July 30th so I am a little late but better late than never. At your 6 month check up you were 28 inches long and weighed 20 lbs and 6 oz. You're getting so big and I must admit from carrying you I thought your weight was going to be more :)  So much has changed since 5 months. You are now reaching for anything and everything (Bye Bye coffee table decorations). You had prunes and peas for the first time and loved them both. You want to crawl so bad. You are to the point where you can push yourself up but you just rock. You'll figure it out soon baby boy. Mastering sitting up has made bath time pretty interesting. You don't like to lay down at all but when we do lay you down you make your dislike well known. On August 16, two days ago, you made my heart smile more than ever before.  During bath time you called me Mama. It was so sweet and innocent. What is even greater is that I got it on video. I'm not sure what made me grab the camera but I am so glad I did. I'm sure Dad insist you are a traitor but I like to think of it as your a momma's boy at this time. I'm sure before long you will say Dada. You're going through a stage where you don't like to be put down which is making the evenings a little challenging. Help us out with this little man. Being put down doesn't mean you are loved any less - I promise! You talk all the time in your own language. You like it when your daddy mocks your language. You love to laugh and that laugh of yours melts my heart.  We love you so much baby boy but I would ask that you slow down just a little for me.

Love,
Mom and Dad


Lets just say at your doctors appointment - You were a big fan of the paper!
You love this toy - Makes you feel like you are walking ;)
Attempting to take a picture of us :)
You love your green turtle (Compliments of Debbie and Greg Phillips) Thank you!!! 


Still loving the paper :)
With your favorite teddy bear

Attempting a picture again - You were not cooperating :)

My sweet boy!

Bath time!

One of my faves - The "Who me?" look...

5 comments:

The Hodges said...

He is SO cute!! We totally need a plat date soon. Time goes by so quickly now & I love how he's grown so much, but like Walker he needs to slow down!

Mandy Brown said...

Wow! He's a big boy!! And so cuute! Eli did the same thing with the paper at the doctors office. lol... is that a seat he's sitting in, in the tub? I need to get something of the sorts for Eli, he's not quite sitting unsupported yet. Love your posts about Landon!

Leisa Martin said...

What a precious baby, who does he belong too? We enjoyed having him over the weekend, he did wonderful!

Mel said...

Precious! Adorable! Sweet! Cute! Definitely pinchable!

Laura said...

Thank you all so much! Unfortunately, it is not a seat. It's the incline thing I use to lay him down on to wash his hair and whatnot. I just sit it up behind him in case he falls backwards. I have an elmo bath mat I put in the bottom to help him not slide so much. I was putting the bumpo seat in there for awhile but stopped using it. I'm glad you enjoy reading my posts! :)