Monday, November 9, 2009

Gretchen

My friend Brigid and I were talking last week when she asked if I would pray for a co-worker/friend of hers named Gretchen. To which I said of course and I asked what was going on. Gretchen was in Chicago on work and while she was there she became infected with the swine flu. However, the swine flu progressed very quickly and turned into double phenomena. She was admitted to a hospital in Chicago and while in Chicago her lung failed and they put her into a drug induced coma and on a ventilator. She has experienced acute respiratory distress syndrome, blood clot in her left arm, Kidney problems, Lungs are filled with scar tissue which is hindering her from being able to breathe on her own again, She was diagnosed with sepsis a very serious blood infection.

As of today:
They were able to get a trech in last night, although they think that just gives her a couple extra days. Her lungs did not respond to the medicine to soften the scar tissue. The doctors are not giving much hope and are preparing for the worst.

I ask you right now as your reading if this to pray for Gretchen. She is my age 26-27. I believe in the power of prayer and miracles.  I have been praying for Gretchen and her family since Brigid shared this with me last week. Prayer for Gretchen's parents and her boyfriend; prayer for comfort and peace at this very confusing time.   

"Pray without ceasing." 1 Thessalonians 5:17.

"And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." John 14:13-14

No comments: